Interview with Abiola Dauda

 Interview with Abiola Dauda



By Nikolas Fil


I had the pleasure to talk to Ionikos striker Abiola Dauda. Talking about his move to Sweden, his first taste of Greek football with Atromitos and his biggest regret.



How was it going from Nigeria to Sweden at the age of 18?


It wasn’t easy to leave Nigeria at 18yrs old, but I knew if I want to be a professional and follow my dreams, I will have to make these sacrifices and I was glad that I did.  Going to Sweden was fantastic for me and I made a lot of friends there and people who helped me in my early days and am still in touch with these people. I learned so much being in Sweden for 7yrs and definitely I will be going back there in the future. 



Firstly, you came to Atromitos, your first club in Greece. How did that come up and what do you keep from this experience?


Yeah, I came to Atromitos 2017 January, and it was a good decision for me because after some difficult time in Holland, it felt good coming to Greece to be able to find joy again playing football. Now I can say I made the right choice because coming here to play for Atromitos also gave me the family I have now so I will thank them for the opportunity they gave me coming to Greece. My experience was great, and I enjoyed every moment I spent in Atromitos and we achieved good things during my time there.



7 years in Greece playing in both divisions. What are the main differences?


It’s big difference between super league 1 and super league 2. Playing in super league 1 for 6 seasons is great and in terms of quality the difference is very big. 



What is your biggest regret in your career?


My biggest regret will be that I never played for the National team of Nigeria because I had few opportunities, but it just never happened so that will be my biggest regrets. 



How is your season going so far? Are you happy with your performances?


The season so far now has been great for me personally and I just have to keep working hard and to put myself until the end by helping my team to reach our goal.



I want to thank Dauda for this opportunity and it was a pleasure to interview him. I wish him all the best for the future.


Hellas Football


Follow @BVBNikolas


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Chants in Greek Football

The Panathinaikos - Croatian Connection

The Current State Of Football On Greece’s Biggest Island - Crete