Interview with Demethryus

 Interview with Demethryus

By Nikolas Fil



I had the absolute pleasure and honour of talking to Athens Kallithea’s Brazilian forward Demethryus, asking him about his journey in Greece so far, the Brazilian National team, his best-ever teammate and his love for football.

How did you catch the football bug and say that this is what you want to do professionally? Did you have an idol growing up?

"This dream was born in my heart when I was a child, I started at futsal schools in my city and stood out, we won a championship in France and then the doors of football opened for me, I love what I do and today I owe everything I am to my grandfather. He was my great supporter and unfortunately last year in the middle of the season he passed away, but if I’m here today it was because of the strength he gave me since I started and also my uncle who took me to many games when I was a child and was starting! He’s a player I’ve always admired and I still watch videos of Ronaldinho Gaúcho."

Firstly you've been to Greece for the past 2.5-3 years now. How do you like our country so far?

"I feel very happy to be living here, I like the country, the culture and the love it has for football. I feel at home, I was very well received and I have complete admiration!"

Do you dream about playing for the Brazilian National team? Is it one of your goals?

"Of course, I believe that every player dreams of making the national team and representing their country, mine is no different, it’s a dream and a goal for me too."

Who is the best player you have played with?

"I come from the periphery There are many players, with whom I have played and they are very good, and there are also those who got lost and chose the wrong path and others who are also in the national team, such as Renan Lodi, Bruno Guimarães, among others."

What does football mean to you?

"Football for me is an admirable sport, I always try to play with joy and promote satisfaction to the fans, but it is not always easy, often we cannot please everyone, I will never lose my passion for football but I confess that sometimes I’ve thought about stopping, but I remember where I’ve reached and where I want to go and I continue because today I see football as my lifestyle."

How is your season going so far? Are you happy with your performance? Do you think there's room for improvement?

"We can always improve something, and I believe I can also improve statistically by scoring more goals and assists, but also very focused on achieving the biggest objective which is access, climbing to the first league with Athens Kallithea."

Ι want to thank Demethryus again it was an honour interviewing him and I wish him the best for the future.


@BVBNikolas

Hellas Football

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Chants in Greek Football

The Panathinaikos - Croatian Connection

The Current State Of Football On Greece’s Biggest Island - Crete